29 september 2021
ASML provides strategy and financial update at virtual Investor Day meeting
ASML increases long-term outlook
VELDHOVEN, the Netherlands, September 29, 2021 - At the Investor Day meeting today, webcast live from its headquarters in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, ASML Holding N.V. (ASML) will provide an update on the company’s strategy, performance and longterm outlook. Chief Executive Officer Peter Wennink, together with Chief Technology Officer Martin van den Brink and Chief Financial Officer Roger Dassen and other senior executives, will discuss the company’s growth opportunities and developments in the market and technology.
Company strategy, long-term outlook and value creation
• Global megatrends in the electronics industry, supported by a highly profitable and fiercely innovative ecosystem, are expected to continue to fuel growth across the semiconductor market.
• Growth in semiconductor end markets and increasing lithography intensity are driving demand for our products and services.
• ASML’s comprehensive product portfolio is aligned to our customers’ roadmaps, delivering cost effective solutions in support of all applications from leading edge to mature nodes.
• Based on different market scenarios, we have an opportunity to reach annual revenue in 2025 between approximately €24 billion and €30 billion, with a gross margin in 2025 between approximately 54% and 56%.
• We see significant growth opportunities beyond 2025. We expect our systems (lithography, metrology and inspection) and Installed Base Management (service and field upgrades sales) to provide an annual revenue growth rate of around 11% for the period 2020-2030, based on third party research and our assumptions. • ASML and its supply chain partners are actively adding and improving capacity to meet this future customer demand.
• Our ESG Sustainability strategy builds on achieved performance improvements and details how we plan to contribute to a digital, sustainable future.
• Our continued investments in technology leadership have created significant shareholder value.
• We expect to continue to return significant amounts of cash to our shareholders through a combination of growing dividends and share buybacks.
Topics and speakers
• Market drivers, strategy and sustainable value – Peter Wennink, President & CEO
• Technology strategy – Martin van den Brink, President & CTO
• EUV products and business opportunities – Christophe Fouquet, Executive Vice President Business Line EUV • DUV products and business opportunities – Ron Kool, Executive Vice President Business Line DUV
• Applications products and business opportunities – Jim Koonmen, Executive Vice President Business Line Applications
• Installed Base Management – Wayne Allan, Executive Vice President Customer Service
• Business model and capital allocation strategy – Roger Dassen, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Webcast and presentations
The event will be hosted through a fully-virtual platform. The program runs from 13:00 to 18:00 CET. The live webcast can be watched from wherever you are in the world (no pre-registration required). The link to the webcast can be found on our website. The presentations and a recording will be made available afterwards on www.asml.com.